19 WATERLOO STREET, GLASGOW G2 6AH | and | 663 CLARKSTON ROAD, GLASGOW G44 3SE
This is the privacy statement of McSparran McCormick solicitors.
2) What data / personal information is being collected ? In order for us to provide our services to you we will need to hold personal information; this may include some, or all, of the following: Name Address Date of birth Marital status Gender Details of any dependents Employment history Email Phone number Mobile number Financial information (i.e. bank accounts, investments, earnings, pensions etc.) as well as other relevant information for the purposes of undertaking and fulfilling legal undertakings on behalf of our client(s). Most of this personal information will come directly from you, as our clients. With your permission, we may also contact relevant third parties for information relevant to fulfil our obligations including, but not limited to, The Law Society of Scotland, HMRC, Registers of Scotland, Office of the Public Guardian, Department of Work and Pensions etc. We employ third party suppliers to provide services, including IT, searches or reports. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual obligations to only process that personal data under our instructions.
3) Failure to provide your personal information: Where there is a need for us to collect personal information either legally or in terms of fulfilling our contractual obligations and this data is not provided when requested, we may be unable to perform the services asked of us. As a result, we may have to cancel the service(s) and this would be stipulated to you should this situation arise.
4) What then happens to this data / personal information which is collected ? It enables us to understand the needs of our clients and better tailor our services to our clients. It also allows us to communicate with you effectively, maintain and update our records as well as comply with all legal obligations.
5) Time/duration of data held ? All data will only be held for as long as is necessary and in accordance with the regulations as noted above as well as in accordance with the Law Society of Scotland.
6) Your rights: Stated below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They do not apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use one, or more, of them we will explain at that time whether they are engaged or not. The right to be informed about your processing of your personal information The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed The right to object to processing of your personal information The right to restrict processing of your personal information The right to have your personal information erased (i.e. the ‘right to be forgotten’) The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it The right to move, copy and/or transfer your personal information (i.e. data portability) Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
7) File downloads: Any downloadable data, as part of this website, are to be opened at the user’s own risk. Any person downloading any data should utilise anti-virus software, or similar, when doing so. We accept no responsibility for any third-party download.
8) Links to any external website: We cannot be held responsible for anything which occurs post leaving our website.
9) Contact: If you have any questions or concerns in relation to any of the above content then please contact us directly at 19 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 6AH and/or email us at email@example.com
© McSparran McCormick 2018